Tuesday, December 06, 2005

SNOW!!!!!!!

It started snowing at about 6:30pm on monday night!! First falling snow I ever saw in my life! It was so beautiful. Mike and I just stood there and gape. I never knew it felt like that. Like tiny drops of ice! I insisted on crunching through the snow on the grass just to see footprints. Pounced on everyone i knew and shouted "SNOW!!!!"

Jonas taught me a new word in swedish. I forgot what it sounded like. But it meant " to smother your face in snow." And then he gave me an unprovoked practical demostration of the word.

It was perfect sticky snow. The type that would make a hard snowball and hurt. We made snowmen outside the annex. My first snowman. He's called lumpy. He's very special. In a very scary kind of way. Mike has 27 years of snowman making experience and he is anal about making his perfect. I'm just spatially retarded.

And then we got the text message: "College Green. Now. First ecf snowball fight of the year."

It was awesome to see the university alive with people tossing snowballs at each other at 2am on a school night. They decided that since I've never seen snow before, they would hold it REAL close to my face so that i can have a better look....like smashed right between my eyes. And oh, well we're at it, lets scope her up and smash her face into snow too. Note: Look at picture with two guys and a hand sticking out. Face down!

We finished off the night with hot chocolate, buffalo wings and numb toes. Our snowmen continued standing outside the Annex for three more days before some asshole kicked it over and stomped on it.

No comments: