Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Of Flowers and Leprechauns

St Patty's Day Parade was alright....i was quite disappointed actually...I really expected more leprechauns tossing money and candy everywhere, free beer for everyone, and huge ass floats with fireworks and confetti. Most importantly, i expected more people to be there. There were more parade participants than audience. I was all dressed ready to push my way through the crowds. There were like what, 20 people in total in my section of the road watching the parade. And they were all irish and parents of the participants.

Guy in front of me to his friend: "Hey you didn't tell me there was a small person behind me."
Me: "Did you just call me a small person?"
Guy: "Yeah..not like it's a bad thing."

I was surrounded by children and midget leprechauns, and I was THE "small person"? Why does everyone keep picking on me?

Next up was the Flower Show, the largest indoor flower show in the world and it was the Guinness World Record holder for earliest documented horticultural show. whao...such irrelavant details to my life. It was swarming with old people. It was like medicare gave out free flower show tickets and a swarm of old people descended on the convention centre while young people like me have to buy our own tickets. Old white women from philadelphia never ever smile at me. Seriously...im not being racist...but everytime I smile at an old white philadelphian woman, she just turns away. And its not like we are not of the same height....

The flower show was good....beautiful exotic displays...alot of gorgeous table decorations. I felt like Martha Stewart all day. And I have already picked out which decorations and flowers i want for my wedding. A girl can dream on can't she?

No comments: