Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Some People Eat to Live....I just don't belong in that category

If there is a meal worth saving up one year for....this is it: Three, One, Two's Degustation Menu.

Clair de Lune Oysters
White cut chicken, prawn, pork and picked ginger
Crab tart, fennel custard and citrus salad
Slow cooked pigeon, foie gras and chocolate
Seared Wagyu beef with pearl barley, mushrooms and truffles
St Agur with poached quince, toasted walnuts and pain d'epices
Lemon chiboust with vodka granita and fresh raspberries
Chocolate ganache with parsnip cream, malt milk chocolate parfait and tarragon

I can see why this restaurant won best new restaurant and best chef in The Age Good Food Guide. Three days after this meal and I am still having dreams about it. I can still remember the first bite into the wagyu beef, and the creaminess of the crab tart and chocolate ganache. This is the best meal I have ever had. Beats Iron Chef's Morimoto restaurant or anything I have tried in the US. Starve yourself and then go for it.


One day before I also went to Bluefire Grill for my birthday steak and chocolate cake with Dap, Ven and Reg. Their chocolate desserts are seriously good for a steak and meat restaurant! And Bob arrived in Melbourne as a total surprise!


On Saturday we went to the Crown Conservatory Seafood Buffet. Now that's another meal worth starving yourself for. Oysters, crabs, moreton bay bugs, mussels, cold prawns (my greatest weakness is cold prawns with semillion and oysters and champagne).....because I am Singaporean, everytime I hear the word seafood buffet, this light goes off in my head. Everything becomes blurry and all I can hear are the oysters calling my name. The next day I woke up wishing I had more. I can't help it. I'm Singaporean. Buffets and shopping are my national pastimes.

Dinner and drinks with Asia-pac tute people after Unicef Film screening

No comments: