Monday, July 24, 2006

First Day Back to Melbourne

I'm back in Melbourne and feeling completely weirded out. There shouldn't be a culture shock, especially since I have only been gone for a year, but somehow i feel the impact. It's like my life turned upside down on me. It's a strange case of familiar foreign-ness. I know this place. I lived here before. But yet, i feel so lost in the crowd. So many familiar faces, yet I don't know what happened in their lives for the last one year. The is just so much overwhelming feelings in me. I look around expecting to see my old Upenn friends, but I don't. It's all just very strange. Life is just not the routine I got use to in Singapore or US. But its good that I realise its just an adjustment phase I need.

Today was first day of school. Had class. Got my bank, textbooks, insurance, subject classes, transportation etc all down and ready to go, especially since everything expired on me. Bumped into alot alot of old friends, and made a new one at my internship interview. Had prata. Bought some basic necessities. All good for a first day with the aching sense of deja vu. We'll see. But one thing for sure..its good to meet bob again!

No comments: