Sunday, July 09, 2006

They Just Won't Stop Talking in Singapore

Ah, with our lack of space in Singapore, whenever Singaporeans need to have fun, we cross the causeway. Just arrived back from Malaysia. It felt soooooo good to have no signboard, or flashing words, or intercom telling me to "When using the escalators, please hold on to the handrails." Or "If you see any suspicious articles, please call 999." Or "Please mind the platform gap." Or "Please Smile". In four languages.

Here, no one tells me to stay clear of dropping coconuts. Or stay clear of closing doors. Or that it will take me 4 minutes to reach Clementi.

I saw no words or warning signs. No one was telling me what I already know, or treating me like a preschooler. It was refreshing to have to watch where I'm walking or I might end up in a pothole.

Plus I got to eat the dark sauce wanton mee and malaysian kfc, which is always good.

No comments: