Tuesday, May 16, 2006

3 guys, a car and a girl who can't give directions

I love how everytime when I am at my loneliest, when struggling to adjust in a new place, the right bunch of people who have been through or are going through the same problems as me turn up in my life miraculously. Sitting in the car with three other people I met one week ago, bouncing home at 11:15pm tonight, I realise how similar a past us four strangers have, and how they have gone through the same adjustment period I'm going through now. God is just amazingly beyond me!

Today was perhaps one of my busiest days in the last week or so. The day passed quickly with three projects at hand, one lunch appointment with my colleagues, one long overdue dinner appointment with Ade, five kids to interview for a project and two hours of experimental salsa at Union Square. We were cracking up on the dance floor among all the serious salsa enthusiast as we tried to copy their moves, and then finally I decided to break into some 70's clubbing grooves. I have huge problems with allowing a guy to lead in dance. Huge. Huge problem. And it is not even like I actually have an ego problem with taking male commands. I just unwittingly and unintentionally autopiloted my way through steps and then profusely apologised for doing that. And then did it again. Next time I should go there wearing a teeshirt that says "Not a Team Player, Have Problems Taking Commands." Bob, you have been warned.

No comments: