Thursday, May 04, 2006

Put me in a box and keep me in Philly

It's 4:44am. I am sitting in my bare naked room which holds vague traces of my existence. It's 3 hours since the last time I will see some of the dearest people I have hung out with in the last 10 months. It was a great party. With too much leftover alcohol and chips. So many last hugs. So many last "good byes" and "write to me", and "we will meet up one day." Each time I try to blink back tears and catch the tremor in my voice. It feels like breaking up. With a bunch of people at the same time. In the past one year, I have made more friends, and connected with more people at a mental, emotional and spiritual level than I did in my entire life combined.

I hear the birds chirping outside my window, like I do every single morning. Some windows in Stouffer Hall are still lighted up. My routine. My habits, have been formed in the course of this one year. I feel like I haven't really experienced life, until this year. My favourite eating places. My favourite clubs. My favourite stalls. My favourite hang out places. My favourite routines. My favourite people.

The year went by at break neck speed. And my room looked exactly the same as the first day I walked in with two huge suitcases, some 10 months ago.

I don't want to go home.

4 comments:

patey said...

HUG!

Anonymous said...

on the happy side (if there is one), u get to see me in sg in two months ;)

dyseluxon said...

You'll get by honey, you always do =]
Memories are wonderful things to have, and their beauty lies in their being ephemeral. So hang on in there, enjoy it while it lasts and you can always go back in the future and those memories will be ever so slightly sweeter =]

Chorizo said...

You guys are awesome! Thanks for always being there to support me!! Keep me informed about when ya coming yeah Mark!!