Monday, June 18, 2007

In Cold Wet Sydney

This is the first time I am working/interning at some place that isn’t exactly home. Home being defined as a place I stay more than two months in. This is my second day at work in Sydney and I’m still feeling landsick from being on too many boats during the Whitsunday’s trip. Photos of that to come soon.

You never really appreciate how clean Melbourne is until you come to Sydney. My shoes look like they have been through the war with working through a few things that look like dead animals on my way to work.

But I am excited. Excited and slightly homesick. Considering that I work in the day, and Bob works at night, we still communicate through phone and text messages. We’ve gotten too use to a long distance relationship. And I have to entertain myself in a new place.

I’m signing up for pilates classes tonight, trying to find a gym, looking for the organic food co-op, trying out new recipes from my Japanese cookbook, indulging in fried mars bar on Thu with Mabel, going somewhere with Arlene on Sat and checking out the Sydney Olympics Park Pie fair on Sunday.

And watching a lot of TV.

It is like the first week of Philly all over again but more comfortable.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I'm so sorry for the mistaken call I made to you last night!
I am eagerly awaiting seeing those Whitsunday photos! Hopefully they include lots of gorgeous yachts. I've loved sailing since five years ago!!

Hope your homesickness improves... Keep smiling and being so bubbly.

Chorizo said...

hehe...no problem gal...that was so funny....im like..hmm...Charlene...did i forget to hand in my APAC assignment...but wait...i no longer do that subject...hehe...ya going back home this winter?

dyseluxon said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!!! I wish I could be doing what you're doing! Sigh. Well, my life is, you know, rehearsal rehearsal, see a show, rehearsal rehearsal, Aden, rehearsal rehearsal, eat lots of crap, rehearsal rehearsal, feel guilty bout eating lots of crap, rehearsal rehearsal, procrastinate, rehearsal... you get the drift =)
HI BOBilicious!!!!! =)

Chorizo said...

But ya got Aden!!! How is it going?? Ya gotta give me the gos!! heee...hows couple bliss going?