Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sydney is Making Me Fat!

I have been shamelessly stuffing my face this weekend. I can no longer fit into my jeans without having to pop the button every time I sit down.

Deep Fried Mars Bar on Thursday at Bondi Junction with Mabel and friend was like an orgy of oil, batter and sugar in your mouth. You can feel the fat cruising through your body just looking for a place to plant its home. But its so freaking good. The chocolate melts and its all just a gooey mess in batter.

Cafe Sel et Poivre on Thursday dinner at Darlinghaust
One of the best french I've had. The confit de canard, which I found out is duck was hearty and fatty. Very french bistro with huge portions. Nothing pretentious about it. Even the handsomely grey-haired waiter in tight floral jeans. Like my mum's wall paper from Laura Ashley floral. Only the french can pull that off.

Brunch in the cafe next to Paddington market with Arlene and friend. Lemon poppyseed cupcake from The Cupcake Bakery. And then Dinner at Pancake on the Rocks. That place is like a must see for all tourists, and the first place Sydneysiders bring their touristy friends. It is something like Pancake Parlour, just in a really nice area. Drinks at Opera Bar facing the Habour Bridge to cap off the night.

Sunday Yum Cha at Zilver, touted as the best Yum Cha place in town. I actually preferred East Ocean, but Zilver's salt and pepper fried crab and watermelon dessert was good. Trying to get into the restaurant was like trying to get into the White House to interview Clinton after the Monica case. I was so close to pressing my thumb into the arm of an injured man to get my way in.

4 comments:

dyseluxon said...

Oh course, what else would Cherrie blog bout but food =) The photos are gorgeous!!!! You and Bob look enraptured. *warm fuzzy feeling* It's cold as a dead man's fingernail in Melb, grumble. Take more photos!!!!!!! Of your office! Your cubicle! The pantry! ehehe Aden's fine, we're good, taking things as they come. I got angry w him last Tues, and yest he got angry w me. Over VERY similar issues ehehe HOW FUNNY ehehe We're both stubborn, proud and smartarses ehehehe LOVE YA!

Chorizo said...

I will bring a camera in and take pictures of myself at my desk typing at a computer!! hahahaha!

Awww your first fight with Aden! See everything is cute....why did you guys argue? Was it because of food? I would argue because of food..

Leeney said...

Hello!! It was lovely seeing you last saturday, and food was wonderful! mmm, I so have to try some more cupcakes! Hope ur internship is going well! Say hi to bob for me!

Chorizo said...

Hey dearie! We should do the whole food thing again! Paramatta in 2 weeks time?