Monday, October 08, 2007

The Proposal - Fishermans Beach, Sydney. 23rd September 2007








So the news about my engagement is finally out faster than it takes to change my relationship status on Facebook. I forgot to take soft copy of the photos with me, so I have to scan in the printed copies on a dodgy scanner. But yes! Photos of the magical moments.

He chartered a seaplane on his birthday to bring us to Fishermans Beach at the Ku-Ring-Gai National Park in Sydney. At that point of time I had no idea what was happening. All I was thinking on the plane ride was, 'Don't crash! Don't crash! Oooh harbour bridge....Opera House...Shit..going over forest..hope we don't crash!' Even when we spread out the picnic mat and he showed me the scrapbook he made for me, I still had no idea what was happening. Even when he showed me the ring, I still had no idea what was happening. All I said was, 'ooohhh pretty ring....' Then of course he said those magical four words, 'Will you marry me?' Of which I answered, 'Are you for real? Are you proposing to me?'

It was an almost surreal moment, when the truth finally hit me. It did take some time to hit me. After all, my dad did warn Bob that I am eh, simple. He should have added slow too.

It was such a beautiful and sweet proposal. I am truly blessed to have Bob in my life. When is the wedding going to be? Sometime 2009. Have I found a gown yet? Well....let's just say I have been imagining a gown since I was 12. Nothing much has changed. Except now I can read bridal magazines in the open and verbalize my wedding thought processes to Bob. And he can't call me crazy for doing so. Yay!!!!

4 comments:

patey said...

dearest friend,

I just wanted to extend another felicitations!

I only just got wifi in my flat today, so I'm just updating myself on your blog.

Good for you. I wish you and bob the bestest of the best

patey:]

Cleverkiwibird said...

congrats ;) !!!

happy to hear that some more people in the world are having a happy ending

Anonymous said...

congrats Charissa =)

this is roxanne from IH if you still remember me... just got the news from keewin and just wanna drop by to congrat you and bob =)

you're such a lucky girl!!!

Julia said...

Charissa!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

After stumbling upon your Facebook profile and seeing "Engaged" , my mouth dropped, then my heart started to flutter for you two!!
I am so happy for you, hope all is well!!


Julia