Monday, October 03, 2005

I believe I can fly...

As I stood in the middle of a myraid of colours - watery purple scarves, glittering skirts and shimmering tops - listening to music I've never heard before, and watching them dance with the Morocco flag, draping it over each other, I realised why i came here. Because just by walking out of your room, you visit a different country every night. Tonight was middle eastern belly dancing night at MarBar and the whole Arab community was there. The familar smell of Shisha brought me back to the courtyards of IH, smoking in the cold and talking crap till 5 in the morning. Shaking their hips was in their blood and they made it into such an artform. When I see the joy in their faces as they tell me how how this is their favourite Shakira remix back home, and how this Baklva is their favourite dessert back home and how this is how clubs look like back home; I just feel so happy for them. Everytime someone remembers home, they have that silly little grin on their face and that tiny sparkle in their eyes. Sigh....

D: First you eat Arab food at the Arab Society dinner, then ya come for the belly dancing party...you're almost part Arab!!

A: I don't know why, but gals keep thrusting their chest into my hands tonight.
C: (Blink blink) right....

Ooh...and I saw an Angelina Jolie look-a-like at the party...swoon!!

8 comments:

Ash said...

Araluena for your information is CAROLINE!!!
MWAHAHA. Sorry to give the game away Caroline.

And if u have to go to my blog to figure out who I am that's just really sad Cherry. My sardonic humour and brightness should just baout give everything away. :D

You did not inform me of this blog *angry look*

Araluena said...

Gee thanx VONG! So much for anonymity on the web.

And I already told her on msn.

Chorizo said...

Haha...i didn't inform anyone about this blog....i tot making it my msn nick was enough...heh...nah..ya can't decipher sardonic humour from a two line msg...hee

Chorizo said...

Haha...i didn't inform anyone about this blog....i tot making it my msn nick was enough...heh...nah..ya can't decipher sardonic humour from a two line msg...hee

Chorizo said...

did i just post a comment twice? that was stupid...

Xany said...

You better not give me away as well Vong. :P

Though I'm not surprised you can't guess me either haha. Hmm hints ... college fresher, helped out for cafe, and I found your blog through your MSN name. Probably not helpful but hey. :P

Chorizo said...

Wern??? Its on your blog profile...hahah!!!

Xany said...

yeah that's why I was surprised when you couldn't guess. :P