Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Uh huh...

It's amazing how Regine and I can be an ocean apart and be flipping through the Alannah Hill Fashion week collection and Vera Wang gowns. Especially when I have three midterm papers on wed. And they are not studied for.

Anyway, I discovered a new way to save money.

Eat less.

Sounds deceptively simple doesn't it. But how many times do we eat till we are just right, look down at the remaining half a hoagie/sandwich/souvlaki/plate of rice and tofu/big mac and think "since its there might as well finish it." So we stuff it down and then feel like shit, or shitting.

So, if we just eat till we are just alright, put the rest in the fridge and eat it for dinner. Or if its not enough, save two days worth of "halves" and you get a whole meal.

Yesterday I had eggplant chicken with rice for lunch. I ate all the eggplant and chicken and left half the rice for dinner. Then I took it out of the fridge for dinner and added soya sauce. Then it became microwaved rice with soya sauce. The best thing you can have on a cold fall day.

I've got half a falafel sandwich and one quarter cup of lentil soup in the fridge waiting for dinner tonight. Then I'll steal the rest of the anoynomous cheesesticks and tea from the communal pantry.

You know you've studied too much when even your eating habits become topics of discussion.

No comments: