Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Me: Why do I have a late fee of $43.80?
Bill person: Because you didn't pay your bill on time.
Me: I know I have paid every single bill on time.
Bill Person: You didn't pay your december bill.
Me: When was that sent?
Bill person: Dec 21-Jan 6
Me: You mean when everyone was on break, and not in their dorms and therefore cannot recieve their bill? And if we don't even recieve our bill till when we return, how do we pay it on time?
Bill person: (Silence)

Seriously, for a university, this is an all new low. I have dealt with people miscalculating my bill, adding extra zeros to my bill and charging me for four IH jumpers. But come on, for a university that charges its students $30 000 a year, this "sending bills to international student when they are not in and charging them a late fee for not paying" is pathetic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello cherry merry
please excuse my frivolous asanine remarks. its the start of the term and im back to my night-is-morning schedule. still adjusting mind you. Btw babe, its not THAT pathetic, you just havent been to NUS yet. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey gal, boy that sucks. which reminds me of the things i have to face.. am toying wid the idea of going to aussie for my postgrad in applied linguistics. do u noe which unis offer a good programme in that...

faith

Chorizo said...

Hi sha and faith...

is Nus ripping you off too? Whoa...maybe all the universities are in cahoots to teach us something about financial management....faith...just come to melb uni. no issue about that.