Saturday, January 14, 2006

My first basketball game ever. Just amazing. I knew nothing about basketball and once again, the cheerleaders made more sense to me. But by the end of the first game, I figured out the gist of it: Get Ball into net.

Very strange experience though. Everytime the Upenn player is about to shoot, everyone does "spirit fingers" and goes "whoosh" when he scores. There is a Upenn Quaker (the name of our basketball team) dance team that dresses in black spandex and ermm...dances? Ag asked if I would be proud if my daughter was on that dance team. I was lost for words. I mean...there is dancing...and there is humping the floor. One of the cheerleader also fell from the top of the pyramid. And I spotted two sort of anatomically correct "cows" and a guy dressed up as a hotdog. I always wonder, if you are the hot dog guy at the basketball game, don't you feel kinda...you know...less of a man? Like whao....there are these cool guys dribbling and getting girls...and I'm well...dressed like a phallic looking object in a bun.

There was a snow storm outside when we got out of the game. Ry had to make sure I don't fly off the bridge as we trek back home. Mike, Ed and I managed to drive to Shampoo in the storm. Dodgiest club ever. Clubbing while sober is a whole new experience. The lights just don't make sense. And people look uglier. Especially when they turn on the lights. We were like..."AHHHHHHH!!!! Turn off the lights! We're still sober! My eye my eye!!" Seriously, I think alot of girls would look better if they didn't slap on so much make up. Because at the end of the night, all the girls look like clowns after a malfunctioning face lift.

Worst pick-up line ever:
Guy: Hey, can I check in with you tonight?
Girl: No.
Guy: Come on, its america right?
(I think he took the phrase "land of freedom" too literally.)

Worst English ever:
Girl: Squeeze me! Squeeze me!
Me: I think she was trying to say excuse me.

And then there were the girls who thought that it would be an intelligent educated idea to go clubbing in short skirts and a tube top WITHOUT a coat in a snowstorm at zero degree celsius. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? Pneumonia? Frostbite? Lose three toes? I hope they are still alive. Or at least win the Darwin award. There has to be some form of award for wanting to save two bucks on coat check.

No comments: