Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Final Closure

After a year of anticipating the "bump into" of a particular ivy league uni, I finally did. Of course it had to come at the time when I'm sweaty from dance, wearing three-days old clothes I threw together in a hurry, had no make up on and was carrying a massive tumour looking back pack stuffed with 2 weeks worth of clothes. ALL girls want to look good in front of their ex. It's a " Look I'm still doing well without you" kind of thing. ALL girls. Trust me.

It turned out pretty well. Before the meeting I was trying very hard not to throw up out of sheer apprehension. I was bracing myself for five snipers, poisoned hot chocolate and a verbal onslaught that I've screwed up. Well, because I have.

But we made alot of small talk, and other more heartfelt ones. We gave our reasons. We said our sorries. We ended on a pretty positive note. We don't have to be friends. But all we want is to be able to walk on the street, bump into each other, say hi, make small talk, and move on, unaffected by the meeting.

It was quite a beautiful moment that has finally released a huge weight from me. I said things that I had kept in for a year. I can finally stop imagining what the response is, because I have heard it for real. And I can finally stop whimping around swanston street paranoid that il bump into the ex.

No comments: