Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My Slice of the American Pie

Back to the topic of weird dreams, last night I dreamt that I took a flight back to Penn. I had only 2 days there and was desperately trying to look up old friends. Whao I wonder what that means?

But it got me thinking. Besides a very small handful of people, I have virtually lost contact with everyone else. I blamed it on my lack of the american version of MSN, my sudden departure, my sudden dive into my internship which gave me no time to do much except work and salsa, and my new salsa friends, which filled the void I had very quickly.

I made some great friends. Had hours of great dinners and good conversations. But after one year of that, it seems sad that many have disappeared from my life completely. And yet I know that this is the way it is. It's hard to be friends with people you don't see a future with.

Are some people in our lives meant to be just memories in photographs? While others run, direct and are in the videos of our lives?

3 comments:

patey said...

Hi C...
your dreams are probably just a reflection of you thinking about what you just posted about. You're just missing your friends...which is normal.
I honestly think that everyone we meet in our lives (that includes me hehe) are sent to us to learn something...for a message that we need to be opened enough to recognize...and then we have to let them go. If they needed to stay in contact, then they would. If not, then it's just a natural progression. See, this way, when you run into them completely at random in 15 years, it'll be a much bigger story to blog about!

patey said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention before:
On my flight from Greece back to Montreal, I was sitting next to this asian family, and the daughter's name was Charissa! I was like, oh i have a friend named that, and she was amazed because she always thought she was the only one.
Pretty cool eh? haha, I guess that's my divine message for you! haha

Chorizo said...

Awww....i miss you patey and your words of wisdom! It's just so hard to let people go because then there is no one else to share your memories with. Perhaps our memory is as real as our contact with the people who are in it? I don't know. I was at yoga last week for the first time. And when the instructor said nameste (is that how its spelt?), i thought about you!