Monday, September 18, 2006

Almost Like An Ailen

Today a government official asked me if I was naturalized. I don’t know why but I felt irrationally upset and offended by that statement. I checked the exact definition of naturalized and it said “naturalization is the act whereby a person voluntarily and actively acquires a nationality which is not his or her nationality at birth.” Somehow, I can’t shake off the image of someone holding me down on an electric chair, and brainwashing me into the propaganda of my adopted country. Then he or she, dressed in the KBG uniform, will force me to say the pledge of allegiance of my new country and burn the flag of my home country. They will never let me return home again, and my adopted country will forever treat me like a second class citizen because they think that my home country wasn’t able to provide for me and that’s why I am crawling to another country so I can get some semblance of basic rights.

I think I have been reading off too many government websites. I just spend 5 hours reading government and police reports for my internship. The scary part was, I found it so fun I almost forgot to have lunch.

3 comments:

dyseluxon said...

OMG cherrie.... u're already being brainwashed u actually forgot ur lunch!! cherrie, forgeting to eat!?~?! horror of horrors!!
doesnt naturilization just mean getting a pr or citizenship?? PFFFT... bureaucratic terms... y does 'naturalize' sound as if it's a natural process?? the irony

Chorizo said...

yar it just means getting citizenship..but somehow it sounds so military like..like demilitarized zone...it also sounds like sterilization..i feel like a cat..being sterialised...normal people just say " hey you getting pr?"..hmm...funny word..i shall use it more often as a term of greeting..

Chorizo said...

yar it just means getting citizenship..but somehow it sounds so military like..like demilitarized zone...it also sounds like sterilization..i feel like a cat..being sterialised...normal people just say " hey you getting pr?"..hmm...funny word..i shall use it more often as a term of greeting..