Saturday, September 16, 2006

Do I Really Want to Know What my Doctor Does at Night?

Medical Ball was much better than I expected. Seriously, I couldn't believe that everyone at the ball were going to be future doctors. I know medical students have fun and drink like fishes, but I wouldn't want to know that my family doctor dressed up like a dominatrix hooker in black patent and was jigging with it while sloshed in her university days. I don't want to be at the operating theatre, look up at the face of my surgeon and go, "hey you puked on my shoe and walked straight into the hotel's kitchen completely smashed five years ago," before blacking out from anaesthesia. Ok so I'm stereotyping, people can get a good job done and still have a fabulous party life. I just don't want to know about their fabulous party life. Would you want to know your doctor was chugging 100 shots of beer and rubbing against someone's ass the night before he does a heart bypass on you? It's double standards. But then again, I wouldn't want to know what my dentist, accountant, lecturer, chiropractor and child's Sunday school teacher do in their spare time either.

So it was all fun and good. Bob's medical friends are really friendly and nice, and I spend quite a bit of time with my IH med friends standing in line for alcohol.

By the end of the night, I was nowhere near high, but quite ready to go home. I went from "cherry- the- I- want- to- go- clubbing- every- night-till-I-spew-blood" to "cherry-the-I-just-want-to-sit-at-home-and-check-my-email" person. If I already feel too old to party at 22, I'm going to be playing bingo and coquette at the nursing home when I'm 26.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cherr, getting old real quick eh... - justin

Chorizo said...

I know!! Soon I'll be sleeping at 9pm and waking up at 5 to do taichi..that's what happens when you start clubbing at 16..shortens your party life..