Saturday, April 29, 2006


The sweeping view of Montreal downtown on top of Parc du Mont-Royal. I was so exhausted I was nearly crying on my climb up. Before that I was walking for 6 hours, and it took me 2 hours of walking in the cold and rain to get up there and I was freaking out that it would get dark before i hit the top. But the view was worth it. Although the weather didn't make for a pretty picture. I was suppose to look for a 98 foot high steel cross covered with lightbulbs but was too tired to find it. I'm sure God understands. Walked through a cemetary, cimetiere de notre dame des neiges on the way down and contemplated the state of marriage. Looking at the tombs where couples are buried, suddenly marriage and the term tiill-death-do-us-part carries heavier significance for me. I think in that cemetary, i stopped looking at marriage as just a fluffy wedding ceremony but something so permanent that it transcends the physical realm. Posted by Picasa