Saturday, June 03, 2006

12 Hours Now It Is Night At Home

I sit by the window on a clear sunday afternoon finishing some work, and listening to sometime I haven't heard for over a month; my Full Measure acapella Not For Nothing CD. I recognise a few of my friend's voices. And I think back about America. And I start tearing. I am so far away. I think of my friends thousands of miles and across oceans away. It's 12:57am now in philly. Some people are out at Marbar, or Lamda. Or in town. Or at Philly diner. And I think about that empty spot I use to stand in, or empty chair I use to sit in. Across the sky, some of them are in bed, or still in huntsman studying. I think of my favourite computer terminal staring across the empty courtyard. It would be summer now. And suddenly I am overwhelmed by a great sense of lost.

3 comments:

patey said...

a smile, a hug and some love...
it's good not to take a place for granted, and it's clear that you don't. So that's something good. It'll get easier; in a messed up kind of way, but that's just the way it goes. Don't try to stop remembering those details and things though cause forgetting is worse.
take care charissa
patey:]

Anonymous said...

Aww.... we love you girl. We miss you very much! Its not the same with out you! We'll always be keeping an empty spot open for you if you ever return! Love ya.

-spiderface-

Chorizo said...

Sigh..i love both of you!!!