Thursday, June 08, 2006

I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Name My Kids

Yesterday I was sitting at my desk trying to put off cold calling a dozen journalists to come for a press conference, when I thought, if I started a magazine, I'll call it SHIT.

"Hi this is SHIT, who do you want to speak to?"

Imagine being a receptionist at that company. Imagine the name cards. Imagine telling your boyfriend's parents where you work. "I work for SHIT. Literally."

Then I started getting the giggles while thinking about it. So it was me sitting very still looking slightly constipated trying not to laugh.

The sister magazines could be called CRAP and POO. They would be the hottest magazines around man. Totally. I think its reasons like this why Mckinsey rejected my internship application.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

er....

SIGHH.........

......

Anonymous said...

Listen, this could be big. You could even have a serious offset, with discussion on science, politics and economics. You could call it "Faecal Matter". And an early edition newspaper, called "Morning Stool". I don't think I'm qualified to name kids either.

Ash said...

lol. it's been ages since I visited this site. It's odd isn't it how we both just disappeared from each other's lives over the last year. Well, I'm blaming absolutely crap time difference being that everytime we talked I was going to bed at 3 am and you were about to leave for work at 10am or vice versa.

Charissa the moment you come back here I'm signing you up for ovarian removal at the Dental Hospital. XD

You and babies.... jeez. Naming them, bouncing them, eating them, blending them....

Lol actually I think you'll become one of those overprotective mothers who will mollicoddle their child and push them to their extreme in stdies, sports and music. HAhahahaha.

See you soon babe

Chorizo said...

haha...im telling you guys SHIT magazine is gonna be the next big thing..haha...and then it can spin off into a channel and MTV...i really like the Morning Stool...The Stool Times...the New Stool Times...Sounds catchy..haha...Vongie...you want me to get my ovaries removed at the dental hospital? thanks for the attempt to kill me. Again. Hee...i met lydia in church yesterday..we were sitting next to each other and didn't realised it until she asked me what page the hymn was on...very surreal..hehe...i won't mollicoddle my children..il just make them do cafe.