Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Don't Like You Very Much Melbourne Uni

Darn Melbourne Uni. Their conclusion after me camping outside their office for two days is that they are not going to help me. To begin with, they don't really know who is in charge because there are three departments handling the same issue, and I get pushed from department to department claiming its not their issue. All I want is them to confirm that they are not going to include my exchange grades for honours consideration, something one of them promised me one month ago but forgot.

The system does not take into account international students. They tell you your results, give you one day to decide if you can or want to graduate, give you 6 days to get your family from some part of the world down for your graduation. And what I don't understand is how they can tell you if you recieve honours after your graduation ceremony. But i guess we can go down for the March ceremony which makes it more slightly better.

Today my friend who was due to graduate this Dec 15 found out that she never recieved any graduation material because she was not on the list. The Uni just 'forgot' to put her name down because they 'forgot' that she was completing uni this year. The summary of their response goes along the lines of 'you're screwed and there is nothing much we are going to do about it.'

No comments: