Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wanderlust...

Yeah...that was mostly what i saw in vancouver...alot of CNN. Caught the flu bug two days after landing in Vancouver and spent my week there sleeping over 15 hours a day. It's hard to catch up with my parents when i can't talk. Very bleh. There must be something in the air in north america, because i have been sick four times in two and a half months.

But in the six hours or so that i was awake...i managed to catch up with hannah, attend her mandarin class (oh gosh, why han?), see granville market, chinatown, seaport, gastown and alot of UBC. Yeah, University of a Billion Chinese.

Most importantly, i got to chill with my parents. And eat homecook food, cooked in a hotel room. It was their second honeymoon and all...but hey..they put up with me for twenty-one years, im sure they don't mind five days with me.

And on a personal note, what vancouver did was made me decide: I'm coming back to Melbourne. Was speaking to Han about staying in the US and what she said left a deep impact on me.

"People leave, especially in university."

That was the main reason why i wanted to stay. I just love the people here. That coupled with the fact that it's an ivy league uni and wil look good on my resume.

But some memories and relationships are best left as snapshots. Vancouver made me remember the relaxing pace of life in melbourne, queen victoria market, fresh fruits, clean air, a moderate winter and deep friendships. Penn is good but i can live without it. However, there is someone in melbourne that i can't imagine a future without. And that's reason enough to come back.

No comments: